Monday, February 8, 2016

Mobile Monday - PERISCOPE

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward



NO NO not 'Up Periscope' but just 'PERISCOPE'

It is a new app (new to me) that Lisa Louise Cooke introduced me to on her blog. Lisa is the creator of Genealogy Gems. A blog worth following and a website worth visiting and joining.

Anyway in a recent post she said she was going to do some live streaming sessions from her booth on the exhibit floor at RootsTech. She would be using an app called Periscope. It could be downloaded free from the App store and/or Google Play........  so I did. I signed in and searched for Lisa and clicked on follow. When the time came I opened my app and it showed the sessions available which was, 'Google Power Strategies" I clicked on it and was able to watch the entire session on my iphone. She went through so much good new information that I needed to watch it again....... so if you are interested you can still go and download it and register and watch it now. But there may be a time limit on it, not sure of that.

=====
Periscope lets you broadcast live video to the world. Going live will instantly notify your followers who can join, comment and send you hearts in real time. The more hearts you get, the higher they flutter on the screen.

Other features for watchers:
REPLAY: When your broadcast is over, you can make it available for replay so viewers can watch later.   
HEARTS: Hearts are a fun, easy way to let the broadcaster know you're enjoying the broadcast. Tap the screen to share the love!
======  

..........she also told us about another web browser DOLPHIN that she really likes and also works well with Evernote. Lisa went through a lot of the great benefits. Really something I am going to try it out. I have downloaded it on my iphone. Some other apps she talked about: AppsGoneFree (shows you apps that are free for a period of time- check it each day); Retype: What's App (something to do with telephone calls); ScannerPro.........  some free - some paid. (if you watch this session from RootsTech you will learn about them)

AND she is just releasing her new book: MOBILE GENEALOGY. Lisa is always very detailed & complete so I am sure this book is right up to date with a lot of great stuff..........
 

Thank You Lisa






Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!