Saturday, May 2, 2015

Society Saturday - When Couples Separate. shhhhh! the "D" word - DIVORCE

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward

                                                                                  Corrected Date (NOT MAY 7)
May 14, 2015 Thursday 7pm
Christ Community Church
5025 Manzanita Ave
Carmichael CA 

 "DIVORCE RECORDS"
presented by  
Glenda Gardner-Lloyd

Do you have a divorce or two in your family? Do you know what type of records they generate? Do you know how to go about finding those records? What will they tell you about your ancestor?

I do have a divorce in my ancestral family...
Caroline K. GARDNER married Don H BOYD.....  it did happen a long time ago in the 1930's. I didn't think I would be able to find out anything about them. I looked and looked and it turns out that I was looking in the wrong place in the wrong state. They went from Ohio to Oklahoma to Missouri. Of course I am not going to find out anything if I am not in the right location. DUH!

 I finally found the marriage record in Jasper County, Missouri but  not the divorce record yet.  So I am hoping to learn where to look. I am hoping the information in those records will help to fill in quite a number of blanks and move the research of that couple forward. Great timing Glenda.


** reminder that you are encouraged to come as early as 6:15pm and get involved in roundtable discussions of all topics.

** plus election of our 2015-2016. Members attend and be counted.

Guests are always welcome..................... 


Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!