Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thankful Thursday......... for the Learning Opportunities

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward

How many of you not able to make the Richmond, Virginia NGS Conference in May, took advantage of the LIVE Streaming sessions being offered.........??         I did! 

What a great opportunity to take sessions from exceptional professional genealogist. Don't think that many of our society's could afford to pay for some of these wonderful presenters to come for a one day conference. Take advantage of these opportunity's when possible. The cost for these types of sessions are far less costly than actually being there in person.........  

Going forward: I have been slowly working my way through the National Genealogical Society's (NGS) live streaming sessions ($) offered from the NGS Conference in Virginia last month. I was not home when the sessions were LIVE STREAMING - [so does that mean they are 'dead streaming' now. NO! but I couldn't resist it.]  Fortunately,  I have 3 months to watch and listen to them as many times as I want. Better be careful though, one month is already gone and before you know it August will be here and they will no longer be available. Such a great opportunity. Here are the sessions in the Track 1 that I purchased. 


  • Using Evidence Creatively. Spotting Clues in the run of the mill records. Elizabeth Shown Mills
  • Can a Complex Research Problem be Solved Soley Online - Thomas W Jones
  • Using NARA's Finding Aids & Website - Thomas W Jones & Pamela Boyr Sayre
  • Disputes & Unhappy Differences,Surprises in Land Records - Sharon Tate Moody
  • Of Sound Mind & Healthy Body, Using Probate Records in Your Research - Michael Hart


I have listened to them all once through right away, and to be very honest I had too many interruptions and need to go back again and re-watch them all ........ and I can do that because I can watch any or all of them through August. GREAT DEAL!!

Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!