Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward



HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2014



The FIRST of every January seems to say to me (and others) 'this is a new beginning, what can I do differently starting now' Lots of New Year Resolutions with well meaning wishes and hopes. Nothing wrong with that either, but most of us want alot of things that are really not within reach or want to change or do way too much too quickly. I am going to try not to make any resolutions that I cannot achieve.- something to work towards but not unachiveable. Is that a resolution? YES!!!


My first resolution "Try not to make any resolutions that I cannot achieve- something to work towards"

My second resolution "Start writting down the family stories and lore? Don't let them disappear!"




AND- DID YOU KNOW........  January 1 has not always been the first day of a year                             March 11? or March 21 ?  Read more about it.........

Wikipedia         TimeandDate.com         History of Calendars           Encyclopedia Britannica


HAPPIEST of  NEW YEARS
Bringing in 2014 with a BANG!
 
 
Hey! Are you watching the Rose Bowl Parade? Best channel is HGTV- I've got front row seats, I am warm & comfy, in great company, have my hot chocolate in hand and I am still in my PJ's- only way to go UNLESS you are fortunate enough to be there in person
 

Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!