Friday, December 21, 2012

The Geni Blog – Follow Friday

The Geni Blog is one you may wish to follow (http://www.geni.com/blog/). The blog deals mainly with profiles and genealogy tips. But the subject that I find the most entertaining is the "Monday Recap" for the week. They list "On Geni" and "Profile of the Day." Also listed is "The Genealogy Sphere." This section introduces you to a variety of blog entries you might have not run across on your own. Here is an example. This is Ashley Gilreath's genealogy jewelry (http://holykaw.alltop.com/wearing-the-family-tree) – Great idea. Check out Geni Blog and, or course, Ashley's story.


Wearing the family tree






Not every family picture is fit to be seen by outsiders, but there’s a certain charm to old black-and-white photos that begs to be taken off the shelf and with you wherever you go.
This incredible creation is the work of Ashley Gilreath, who explained that:
This necklace was made to represent the memory of my grandparent's long staircase in their house. I want the viewer to see my history as the necklace wraps around, and to feel the sensation of climbing up and down the stairs as the images of my family line the walls. More importantly, I wanted my skin to show through as my family's skin, so that my stories, my life and who I am as an individual is shown as the sum of all of the people that came before me.
In this case, the family is the heirloom, and one that all members can share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!