Sunday, July 22, 2012

ROSEVILLE GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY MEETING

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Maidu Senior Center, 1550 Maidu Dr., Roseville, CA
Meeting 1-3 pm

Program: World Vital Records & Mocavo
The presentation will show the many ways we can search for our ancestors using the website, World Vital Records. The Mocavo search engine may find our genealogy answers more quickly then some other search engines.
Speaker: Alton Sissell
Presenter Bio: I was born in Nebraska, in 1940 and have a twin sister. I stated my genealogy studies in 1977, tracing my Mother's side of the family. My KUSTER family helped found Germantown, Pennsylvania, in 1683. George Armstrong Custer is my 4th cousin. I have an adopted father and have a opportunity to do genealogy on three family lines. My birth father's father, WEETS, come to Nebraska in 1893 from Mane, Germany.
My SISSELL, ancestor's came to America about 1642, as Scots-Irish and settled in Montgomery County, Maryland. I am past president of Computer Rooters, the first Computer/Genealogy Club in United States. I served on the executive board of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia for 12 years.
I serve as a volunteer at the Sacramento Family Center. I served in the Air force as a navigator on B52's for 5 years and as a pilot for 1 year. I retired from the State of California after 30 years as a computer analyst. I have 4 children, 12 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.
Everyone welcome. Hope to see you there.
Submitted by Helen Astill
Posted by Ron Setzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!