- Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree in Burbank, 8-10 June 2012
- *Federation of Genealogical Societies in Birmingham, 29 Aug - 1 Sep 2012
- Lectures: dozens to choose from on a variety of topics and themes by presented by subject matter experts. Many sessions are taped so you can purchase the one you missed.
- Luncheons and banquets: keynote speakers often have major announcements or provide an insiders view; meet other researchers from all over the world sitting right there at your table. (Tip: great opportunity to pass out your business cards with your surname list)
- Networking: the opportunities to talk to attendees, lecturers and vendors abound. Don't be shy about attending solo - conference attendees are very gregarious and you'll make friends right away.
- Sightseeing: don't leave your mate or kids behind. While you're at the conference they can tour the local and regional sites and many private tours are arranged by the host society/organization.
- Eastman's Online Genealogical Newsletter
- Cyndi's List
- Calendar link for conference number two and four above
- Genealogy Society: check the calendar if you are a member a society where your ancestors lived
Reminder: calendar the Root Cellar Spring Seminar with George G. Morgan, 31 March 2012.
* Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society is a member
Motivation Monday is just one of several blog themes suggested by Geneabloggers. Get your ancestors noticed by thousands of blog readers. Send a story and picture to email@example.com.
Icon Source: deleket
posted by Denise Hibsch Richmond