Below are selected items from the current newsletter. The newsletter also has Family History Tips, Favorite Websites and a newsletter Subscribe option. Kudos to Linda Todd and Linda Lucky for this wonderful service to the genealogical community - I recommend readers go to SRFHC website for more information and subscribe.
On-Line Film Ordering Process begins AUGUST 2nd
There has been a change in the implementation date for ON-LINE FILM ORDERING. Our Family History Center is scheduled to start the on-line film ordering process on August 2nd. Patron training classes are scheduled at the Family History Center as follows:
- Tuesday, July 19th at 10am & 2pm in the Relief Society Room
- Thursday, July 21th at 10am & 2pm in the Relief Society Room
Family History Summer 'Walk-In' Public Classes
FamilySearch has provided many, many sources for training. Beginning Tuesday, July 19th the SRFHC will show a video class from the Research Online Training Courses that may be found at FamilySearch.org.
The classes will be held in the Relief Society Room (public class location) and open for 'walk-ins' on Tuesday and Thursday of each week at 1pm. Class handouts will be available for those who attend. The schedule of classes for the next 4 weeks is as follows:
- July 19 & 21 at 1pm: Basic U.S. Military Records - 25 min.
- July 26 & 28 at 1pm: Military Records- Civil War - 35 min.
- Aug 2 & 4 at 1pm: Revolutionary War Research - 43 min.
- Aug 9 & 11th at 1pm: WWI Draft Cards & More - 41 min.