Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jamboree Eve Eve

From nearby beautiful downtown Burbank, California, it's the day before the day before the Southern California Genealogical Society (SCGS) Jamboree 2011.  Today, my husband Scott and I spent all afternoon at the SCGS Library.  The night before, I made a list of the books to look at by cutting and pasting them from the SCGS Library online catalog.  My focus was on Southern California (native I am), Nebraska and Ohio.  Needless to say, it was an ambitious list.  I only finished combing through four books, all about Highland County, Ohio. My target surnames were Brown and Clark but  I also came across many VanPelts and Swearingens.  Good finds.
 As you can see, I was well-equipped with portable scanner, mobile hotspot, camera, computer and Root Cellar business cards.  I also left a batch of flyers for Family History Day at the California State Archives.  What did my husband do?  He read an audio book about John Adams.
By Denise Hibsch Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!